P&O Cruises announced Time Out as its exclusive new exploration partner becoming a prime provider of travel content across all destinations
The partnership will see Time Out’s expert team of journalists create bespoke content featuring the best things to do, see and eat in destination.
The content will be aimed at attracting a new audience of guests who have yet to consider a cruise holiday and will also be developed to enrich the experience of existing guests. In addition, it will connect P&O Cruises with Time Out’s existing audience of avid travellers.
The first campaign as part of this partnership launches today and taps into an emerging travel trend amongst holidaymakers wanting to travel authentically whilst not compromising on comfort. The campaign focuses on how a P&O Cruises holiday allows guests to uncover destinations authentically like a local while travelling in style.
Through content created by expert journalists (launched over the next year in a phased campaign), local knowledge and high-impact imagery, it unveils the hidden gems guests can explore on a P&O Cruises holiday and will include:
● A digital content hub on Time Out with features, quizzes and local guides, providing the insider secrets into P&O Cruises destinations. As part of the content, an interactive ‘Scrap the Tourist Trap’ quiz will allow travellers to build a personalised bucket list of things to do while they are in each destination.
● A ‘Detour’ video series which profiles local people, from shop and restaurant owners to entertainers and reveals their personal recommendations.
● A ‘Detour’ guide in print form for guests on board a P&O Cruises holiday.
● Time Out & P&O Cruises email newsletters.
● Time Out & P&O Cruises collaborative social amplification of the content.
P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “We are delighted to launch our new exploration partnership with Time Out, which will tap into their global expertise and heritage in authentic cultural and travel experiences.
“Time Out’s unique and trusted content will resonate with a new audience who may never have considered a cruise holiday before but will also provide existing guests with expert advice on how to make the most of their time in destinations.”
Time Out Media’s director, strategic client partnerships, Gareth Thomas said: “We are very excited about working with P&O Cruises on a partnership that will take a long-term editorial approach. We will create content for new destinations as they come on board to enable P&O Cruises holidaymakers, both existing and new, to access the inside track on places.
“Time Out’s audience is open-minded and experience-hungry but time poor, so they want to take the stress out of planning without missing the best things. Our trusted expert journalists create content that helps P&O Cruises holidaymakers discover and explore their destinations, connecting with places and really getting to know the local people, culture and food. The partnership is a great testament to our inspirational content, valuable audience and trusted brand.”