A Coruña brings together the cruise industry at the Cruise Excellence Awards ceremony 2022. Around 200 guests attended the Rosalía de Castro Theatre to enjoy the awards ceremony
The Rosalía de Castro Theatre in A Coruña received about 200 guests who attended the ceremony of the Cruise Excellence Awards ceremony.
The event brought together the chief executives of cruise ship companies, as well as cruise tour operators, consignees, ports and destinations, travel agents, collaborators, professionals, business managers and other suppliers of the cruise industry, as well as professionals from A Coruña and the Community of Galicia.
During an enjoyable gala directed and presented by the humourist and showman, Mr Corrales, and enlivened by the artists Violin Laser Mapping, organised by Artechsel, the guests enjoyed a lively event in which the following awards were announced:
– Best Spanish Port: PUERTO DE BARCELONA
– Best Crew: CELEBRITY CRUISES
– Best Entertainment: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
– Best Value for Money Cruise Line: COSTA CRUCEROS
– Best First Cruise Line: COSTA CRUCEROS
– Best Family Cruise Line: MSC CRUCEROS
– Best Premium Cruise Line: CELEBRITY CRUISES
– Best Luxury Cruise Line: SILVERSEA CRUISES
– Best River Cruise Line: CROISIEUROPE
– Best Ship in the Mediterranean: WONDER OF THE SEAS
– Best Ship in Northern Europe: MSC SEAVIEAW
– Best Brand Recognition among Travel Agents: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
– Best Gastronomy: NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
– Best Itinerary: PRINCESS CRUISES
– Best Brand Image among consumers: COSTA CRUCEROS
– Best Cruise Destination: ISTANBUL
During the event, the following special recognitions were given by Port Authority of A Coruña for their constant support during the pandemic and in the commercial promotion of cruise traffic:
o State Ports
o Civil Guard
o National Police
o Foreign Health
o Sergas (Galician Health Service)
o Corunna Cruise Terminal
– Recognition from Cruises News Media Group to: Explora Journeys
The Excellence Cruise Awards, whose first edition was held in 2008 in Barcelona, are decided by the votes of national cruise passengers and travel agencies and they are a brand of CruisesNews Media Group, organiser of the International Cruise Summit in Madrid and editor of CruisesNews magazine.
This edition has been promoted and sponsored by the Port Authority of A Coruña, the City Council of A Coruña and the Xunta de Galicia, also received sponsorship from Puertos del Estado, MEGA, Corunna Cruise Terminal, Bergé, Cruises Atlantic Islands, Gadis and Marítima Consiflet.