Seabourn Unveils More “Seabourn Journeys” For 2022-2023 Seasons To Explore Iconic Landmarks Around The World
Seabourn is giving guests opportunities to take their travels further in 2022 and 2023 with a collection of new “Seabourn Journeys” in Europe and Asia, featuring pre- and post-voyage land-based packages to explore iconic landmarks that are designed to be an extension of their Seabourn experience.
Each Seabourn Journey offers memorable experiences of local culture, history, beauty, hospitality, and relaxation, made even more appealing through the line’s long-running official cruise partnership with UNESCO. Anticipate uniquely curated itineraries showcasing the most exceptional sites and scenes of the destinations they visit, including iconic UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
“Every Seabourn voyage combines unforgettable experiences on land and at sea. Seabourn Journeys pave the way for even more exploration and an incredible value”, said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “With carefully crafted, guide-led itineraries that extend our onboard luxury experiences to destinations of cultural and natural wonder, our new Seabourn Journeys in Europe and Asia are like icing on the cake for travelers to take their time with Seabourn over the top.”
A selection of Seabourn Journeys scheduled to be available through the 2022 and 2023 seasons include:
· UNESCO Vienna, Logarska Valley, Ljubljana, & Venice (7 days/6 nights pre-cruise; 8 days/7 nights post-cruise) – Guests will travel to many awe-inspiring destinations, from the heart of a former imperial city that shaped the intellectual, musical, and cultural character of Western civilization to the largest show cave on the Continent. Spend time in the historic center of Vienna, Austria, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with views of the Parliament, the Opera House, and City Hall, as well as a visit to the Gothic magnificence of St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the mother church of the city’s Roman Catholic Archdiocese. In Slovenia, explore the breathtaking Logarska Valley and the capital city of Ljubljana, with the former offering a guided hike and a cruise on Lake Bled, and the latter dominated by Ljubljanski Castle, a medieval fortress dating from the 12th century that is now a major cultural venue. This Journey will also include a guided tour of Postojna Cave, the largest cave system in Slovenia, and an overnight stay with time for leisure in Venice, Italy. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Venice in 2022-2023.
· UNESCO Istanbul & Cappadocia (5 days/4 nights) – This Seabourn Journey starts in Istanbul, the crossroad of European and Asian geography and Christian and Muslim cultures. There is much to see and do in this UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with cultural masterpieces including the Byzantine Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia (aka, Hagia Sophia), Topkapi Palace, and the Grand Bazaar, renowned as the largest retail space of its type in the world. A flight will lead guests to a tour of Cappadocia, where a spectacular landscape awaits sculpted by erosion contains dwellings, troglodyte villages and underground towns dating back to the 4th century. The daylong itinerary in Cappadocia will include the natural citadel of Uchisar, Kaymakli Underground City, and the Zelve Open Air Museum, as well as Göreme Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the Göreme Open Air Museum with hidden churches dating back to the 9th century. A Whirling Dervish Show and dinner with Turkish wines will also be on the menu before overnighting in the region and a final flight back to Istanbul to visit the colorful Spice Bazaar before joining your Seabourn cruise. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Istanbul in 2022-2023.
· UNESCO Jewels of Greece (5 days/4 nights) – Set off on an adventure to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Mycenae, Meteora and Delphi. Visit the site of ancient Corinth, once a major hub for the building of Christianity and one of the most important cities of the ancient world. Rest assured one of the most celebrated and recognizable sites in Ancient Greece won’t be missed, with a morning visit scheduled to the Acropolis and its remarkable Parthenon. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Athens in 2022-2023.
· UNESCO Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Masada & Dead Sea (4 days/3 nights) – Experience the high points of the Holy Land, with ancient Jaffa, modern Tel Aviv, the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, and Jerusalem with a walk through the Garden of Gethsemane, the Room of the Last Supper at King David’s Tomb, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, plus a drive around Old Town with a moonlit visit to the Western (Wailing) Wall on the itinerary. Visits will also include the Dead Sea, the mountain fortress of Masada, and more. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Haifa, Israel in 2022-2023.
· UNESCO Gems of Portugal (4 days/3 nights) – As guests will discover, there is much more to Portugal than the hilly coastal capital city of Lisbon. This journey dotted with UNESCO World Heritage Sites includes explorations of Porto, a wine tour of the Douro Valley, and the neighborhoods of Coimbra, home to Santa Clara Monastery and Coimbra University. In Fatima, observe the devotion of pilgrims, visit the Chapel of Apparitions, and experience the Sanctuary. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Lisbon in 2022.
· UNESCO Imperial Heritage of Europe (10 days/9 nights) – Great cities that shaped the intellectual, aesthetic and cultural character not just of Europe but of Western civilization are all on the itinerary, including Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Dresden, Berlin and Copenhagen. Marvel at monuments of past glories, taste the traditions that sustain them, and experience the vibrancy that points them toward the future, with highlights including the Hungarian State Opera House, Vienna’s City Hall, an afternoon tour of Prague Palace, the old Alstadt of Dresden, the Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, and a two-hour ride on a Baltic ferry crossing from Rostock to Gedsar before continuing on the Copenhagen in time to visit the famous Tivoli Gardens. Available as a pre-voyage option with select voyages embarking in Copenhagen in 2022 and 2023.
· UNESCO Treasures of Tuscany (5 days/4 nights) – Delight to the beauty of the voluptuous hills of Tuscany crowned with towered medieval towns and draped in verdant fields and ancient vineyards. This incredible journey through one of the world’s most romantic destinations includes a tour to sample pecorino cheeses from Castello di Corsignano in Pienza; visits to the treasures of Florentine art in the Accademia, Duomo, Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio; a walking tour of the San Martino Cathedral in lovely Lucca; and the ancient Etruscan town of Orvieto with opportunity to take spiral stairs to reach the 203-foot-deep St. Patrick’s Well at the majestic Piazza Duomo and Cathedral. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Rome in 2022.
· UNESCO Cambodia & Laos: The Temples of Angkor & Luang Prabang (6 days/5 nights) – Prepare to be awed at the cultural wonders of Angkor Archaeological Park, including a full-day exploration of Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest religious structure in the world. The journey will also offer guided touring of the Laotian capital of Vientiane, as well as two days in Luang Prabang with highlights including Wat Sisaket Temple, home of thousands of miniature Buddha statues; Wat Ma Suwannaphumaham, the city’s largest Buddhist temple; beautiful Tat Kuang Si Waterfalls; and a stop at Prabath Tai to watch the sun set over the Mekong River. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Singapore in 2022 and 2023.
· UNESCO Treasures of China (8 days/7 nights) – This memorable journey explores China’s history and culture, with UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties and the Great Wall in Beijing, and the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors Museum in Xian. Additional destinations in the capital city include Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven, while visits to the Ancient City Wall and the Big Wild Goose Pagoda wait in Xian. In Chengdu, the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding replicates the natural habitat of the beloved creatures, and Sanxingdui Museum is home to an archaeological find that changed the world’s understanding of the history and culture of China’s southwest. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Hong Kong and Shanghai in 2023.
· UNESCO India: The Taj Mahal & Ranthambore (6 days/5 nights) – Seabourn guests with eyes for architectural and natural wonder may need shades on this journey of discovery into India, with UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the remarkable red sandstone Agra Fort encompassing the imperial city of the Mughal rulers, and the Taj Mahal, a jewel of Muslim art built in Agra between 1631 and 1648 in memory of the favorite wife of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. There is more to discover beyond Agra, of course. Join morning and afternoon game drives in search of the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger in Ranthambore National Park, one of India’s Project Tiger Reserves; travel to Delhi to visit magnificent Humayun’s Tomb, the basis for the design of the Taj Mahal; and proceed to Gurudwara or Sikh Temple to visit a community kitchen and pitch in to aid in preparation of food for more than 1,000 daily visitors. Available as pre- and post-voyage options from Dubai in 2022 and 2023.
· Classic Spain (seven-day post-cruise on 2023 World Cruise only) – This Seabourn Journey was specifically crafted for Seabourn Sojourn’s 2023 World Cruise. Guests can step off the ship and into fascinating Barcelona at the world-famous Boqueria Market, a guided evening walking tour to sample tapas and wine, and a panoramic sightseeing tour focused on works of renowned architect Antoni Gaudi, including two spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Sites: still-incomplete Sagrada Familia, and Casa Mila. A scenic coastal drive along the Mediterranean will be followed by a walking tour of Valencia with sites highlighting the city’s Roman, Moorish and Spanish history. Another scenic drive will continue the Journey in Madrid, the capital of Spain since 1561, but now a strikingly modern city with historic gems to discover including Plaza de España and Paseo de Castellana, as well as the palatial Prado Museum, considered among the finest art museums in the world. The Journey will wrap up in style with an excursion to the ancient capital city of Toledo, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, with visits to the archetypal Toledo Cathedral, the Church of Santo Tome to view El Greco’s famous The Burial of the Count of Orgaz. Back in Madrid, guests will enjoy a Flamenco performance at dinner before bidding adiós and heading for home.
Most Seabourn Journey packages include select meals, transportation, and guided experiences for between two and 10 guests, ensuring intimate, personalized exposure to the location and its culture. Luxury hotels and lodges have been hand-selected to offer guests accommodations at the finest iconic properties in the best locations that showcase their surroundings and indigenous culture, with transfers between land and sea conveniently timed to the start or finish of scheduled Seabourn cruises. Departures on most Seabourn Journeys are guaranteed with a minimum of just two guests. In addition to the Journeys program, Seabourn also offers guests dozens of mid-cruise overland tours that can become a part of the overall cruise experience.