Scenic announces Scenic Eclipse 2022/23 Antarctica and South America program. Expeditions Feature Helicopter Landings, Helicopter Skiing and a Journey Across the Weddell Sea
Scenic Eclipse’s brochure features new discovery experiences, Scenic Freechoice options and a new itinerary sailing Antarctica’s Weddell Sea, as well as a diverse range of South America luxury land journey extensions. With a focus on enriching discovery experiences, each itinerary has been selected to give guests true immersion in this remote region.
Lisa Bolton, General Manager of Product at Scenic, commented, “Our first season sailing the Antarctic waters was such a resounding success that we knew we had to continue to innovate with our 2022/23 program. The world-class design and features of Scenic Eclipse allows us to explore further and provide our guests with highly personalized experiences. Ensuring full immersion in the destination is what Scenic Eclipse does best. Our two on board helicopters and submarine enables us to take these encounters further by offering our guests the opportunity to take part in helicopter landings and skiing in Antarctica as well as submarine experiences in South Georgia – a truly unforgettable experience.”
Highlights of the new 2022/23 program include:
• A new 16-day Into the Weddell Sea voyage that crosses into the Weddell Sea is only possible due to Scenic Eclipse’s Polar Class 6 rating, world-class design, and industry-leading features. Guests enjoy 24 hours of daylight during the holiday (Christmas and New Year’s) sailing, hearing the songs of the Weddell seals while paddling by kayak, witnessing history in the making as majestic glaciers calve during a Zodiac ride, or getting up close to the ice or wildlife on an immersive stand-up paddle board experience. Large bustling penguin rookeries and lazing seal colonies welcome guests upon landfall, as whales breach off shore. Prices start at CAD $26,225 per person, double, on a December 20, 2022 departure.
• Scenic Eclipse’s helicopter excursions have been expanded to include helicopter ice landings so guests can head further afield for an in-depth exploration of the extraordinary Antarctic landscape. The more adventurous can make the most of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ski on Antarctica’s incredible terrain, as the onboard helicopters takes guests to the top of its virgin mountain slopes on brand new helicopter skiing excursions.
• Scenic Eclipse’s submarine, Scenic Neptune, is the first permitted submersible to operate in South Georgian waters. Guests will be embarking on an underwater discovery like no other with a submarine capable of diving to 1,000 feet below the surface. This unique bucket list opportunity opens up the world below the horizon where an abundance of rich marine life thrives in their own environment – all while keeping guests enclosed in high-end comfort with 270-degree views and great photo opportunities.
Scenic has also added three new eight-day land tour extensions – all with a maximum 20 guests. Prices shown are the combined cruise and land add-on fares.
• Glaciers & Wilderness – Argentinean Patagonia is a new tour in Argentinean Patagonia, starting in El Calafate and ending El Chaltén. Guests take in the striking Perito Moreno Glacier glistening in the sun, view majestic native wildlife, and stay at the most picturesque accommodations the region can offer. Scenic has exclusive use of the Explora El Chaltén resort. This eight-day tour can be combined with the 13-day Antarctica in Depth (CAD $32,840/pp), 20-day Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands (CAD $41,175/pp), or 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD $25,838/pp).
• Wild Landscapes of Atacama is a new Chilean tour, starting and ending in Santiago. The focus is on exploring the paradoxes of vibrant Chile, from its bustling, cosmopolitan capital city, to the driest non-polar place on the planet. Guests enjoy stellar accommodations at the Explora Atacama, located in the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama. This eight-day tour can be combined with the 14-day Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn (CAD $22,788/pp) or the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD $17,400/pp).
• Icons of Peru, a Luxury Journey explores Peru, starting and ending in Cuzco — the history, unique lifestyle, culture and majestic scenery of the heartland of the former Inca Empire. Guests will be staying at the explora Valle Sagrado, taking the amazing Belmond Hiram Bingham train to and from Machu Picchu, and will be staying at Belmond hotels while in Machu Picchu and Cuzco. This eight-day tour can be added to the 11-day Latin America Delights (CAD $20,070/pp) or the 11-day Peru to Panama: Along the Andean Coast (CAD $21,145/pp).
All voyages are truly all-inclusive, meaning all flights, shore excursions, meals with up to 10 dining experiences, premium beverages, and even the in-suite mini-bar are included as standard. An expert Discovery Team of up to 20-members is on board to lead the Scenic Discovery excursions and to host engaging lectures and education programs. Complimentary expedition parkas, water bottles and use of polar boots are available for all guests while in the polar regions.