Scenic Launches New Culinary And Taster River Cruises
As the interest in culinary travel continues to grow, Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours have launched two new culinary cruises sailing in France from April 2021.
In addition, for those ‘new-to-cruise’, the brand has introduced a five-day mini-cruise along the Danube. Sailing between Vienna and Budapest, the new itinerary will allow guests to sample one of Europe’s most iconic rivers.
The 11-day Tastes of Southern France sailing allows guests to set their senses ablaze in the south of France while sailing on this round-trip from the gastronomic capital, Lyon, taking in the famous wine-growing region of Beaujolais, Avignon and Viviers. In addition to on-board cooking lessons, tastings and presentations, highlights of the 11-day itinerary include:
• Learn the tricks and techniques of truffle farming on a guided tour with a local farmer before enjoying a tasting of their delicious produce
• Visit the restaurant of acclaimed chef, Georges Blanc, for a cooking demonstration
• Taste the premium wines and tour the Château Meursault wine estate
• Attend an exclusive interactive workshop at the Valrhona Cite du Chocolate museum
Prices for the Tastes of Southern France river cruise start from £3,745 per person based on 27 April 2021 departure.
Sail through the Médoc region on Scenic’s 11-day Flavours of Bordeaux while embracing the stunning landscapes, delicious fare and refined winemaking. The 11-day itinerary sails round-trip from Bordeaux taking in the region’s most spectacular sites and flavours from sampling local delicacies at a local truffle farm to visiting a Lillet wine producer. Additional culinary experiences include:
• Learn about the traditional craftsmanship of barrel making with a local cooper
• Attend a blind wine tasting to enjoy the complexities of the different varieties
• A local tasting of cheese, bread charcuterie and cocktails at the estate of Château de La Rivière
• A tasting of fresh oysters with champagne and dinner of fresh seafood, sourced from Arcachon Bay
Prices for the Flavours of Bordeaux river cruise start from £3,745 per person based on 20 April 2021 departure.
The new five day mini-cruise, Tastes of Imperial Europe is the perfect opportunity to enjoy Europe’s medieval towns, Baroque palaces and fairy-tale castles whilst enjoying life on-board Scenic’s 5-star Scenic Space Ship featuring a personal butler service.
Starting in Vienna and travelling through Bratislava towards Budapest, highlights from this new itinerary include:
• A guided tour behind the iron curtain to discover Bratislava’s communist-era history
• Visit the underground labyrinths of the Hospital in the Rock, set underneath the city’s castle district and built in secret during World War II
• A hike up the World Heritage-listed Buda Hill for a rejuvenating experience
• Attend and exclusive private classical music concert in the second-largest Baroque Palace in the world
Prices for the Tastes of Imperial Europe river cruise start from £1,635 per person based on 25 April 2021 departure.
All prices include return flights, transfers, gratuities, exceptional wining and dining experiences, a personal on-board butler, a selection of exclusive once-in-a-lifetime Scenic Enrich experiences and daily Scenic Freechoice excursions, in which guests can choose from to tailor their trip for a truly personal experience.
Guests who join us in 2021 to explore the grand waterways of Europe in truly inclusive luxury can enjoy 2021 cruises at 2020 prices plus FREE private door-to-door chauffeur driven transfers plus save a guaranteed £250 per person. Book by 30 April 2020. Also, guests can enjoy an early payment discount of £125 per person on all 2021 itineraries paid in full before 31 October 2020.