CLIA: Top Five Reasons Why Now is the Time to Plan a Cruise to the Caribbean
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is encouraging travelers to plan a cruise to the Caribbean during Plan a Cruise Month. Despite recent hurricanes, the vast majority of Caribbean cruise ports are open and welcoming cruise travelers daily.
CLIA is highlighting why now is the time for travelers to consider planning and booking a Caribbean cruise vacation.
“First and foremost, our hearts go out to those impacted by the hurricanes in the Caribbean; they are a cherished part of our cruise family. CLIA cruise line members have joined in Caribbean relief efforts, providing more than $30 million in financial resources, transporting families and pets as well as a variety of supplies to people in need,” said Cindy D’Aoust, president and CEO, CLIA.
“Providing much needed relief is only the first step in helping the Caribbean region. Tourism is essential to local economies and the cruise industry is committed to the region and will continue to offer amazing cruise itineraries and experiences.”
Top Five Reasons Why Now is the Time to Plan a Cruise to the Caribbean
● The Caribbean is Open: Caribbean cruise ports ARE open and welcoming guests. In fact, there are almost 50 Caribbean cruise ports currently in operation, to these amazing destinations. Today there are thousands of cruise passengers headed to beautiful destinations in the Caribbean such as the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.
● Deals & Promos: October is officially Plan a Cruise Month and the cruise industry is offering a variety of incentives to plan a cruise vacation. During Plan a Cruise Month, travel agents have access to incredible deals and promotional offers from cruise lines so a trip to the Caribbean can come at a deep discount.
● New Itineraries: Caribbean cruises and excursions are home to some of the best itineraries and unique onshore experiences. Cruisers looking to relax can visit some of the world’s best beaches on a Caribbean getaway, while those looking for adventure can zipline through lush landscapes or snorkel with sea life. Cruise lines are offering new, fresh itineraries to ensure a great cruise vacation for travelers.
● Support Recovery: The Caribbean islands rely heavily on tourism dollars to support individuals, small businesses and overall, local economies. A great way to support recovery in the region is to book a Caribbean cruise vacation.
● Unique Experiences: No matter the time of year, the Caribbean always offers a chance to create a unique and once-in-a-lifetime travel experience. The area is home to ancient temples, beautiful beaches, delicious local cuisine, and more. Whether looking to scuba dive along exotic reefs or partake in a rum tasting, there’s something for every type of traveler in the Caribbean and now is the time to book.
For more information, an infographic is available at: