Cruise Season 2017 Schedule Announced at Port Saint John
The 29th cruise season at Port Saint John will get an early start with the April 27th arrival of Holland America’s Veendam.
By the time the last ship casts off its lines on November 1st, 66 ships will have visited, bringing with them approximately 144,000 passengers and 57,700 crew.
“Our 2017 cruise season is similar to 2016 in terms of ships and visitors” says Jim Quinn, President & CEO of Port Saint John. “This shows a stabilization of our cruise traffic and is great news for Southern New Brunswick and its many tourism-related businesses. We are also looking forward to an even better 2018”.
Cruise activity via Port Saint John represents a $25 million annual boost to New Brunswick’s economy.
Highlights of Cruise 2017:
• 12 double cruise ship days (September 5, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, 26 and October 5, 10, 16, 18, 19)
• 4 triple cruise ship days (September 27 and October 4, 11, 17)
• 1 inaugural call of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s Vision of the Seas
• 2 calls by Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Magic (September 30 and October 4); and
• Anthem of the Seas, the largest cruise ship to call Port Saint John to date, will call again in 2017 on 4 occasions (September 5, September 19, October 5, and October 19)
The full 2017 cruise schedule is now posted at www.sjport.com.
Port Saint John is Canada’s third largest port by tonnage and has a diverse cargo base, including dry and liquid bulk, break bulk, containers, and cruise.