CLIA Unveils Some of the Most Amazing Cruise Destinations Around the World
It’s Plan a Cruise Month and the cruise industry is celebrating by unveiling some of the most amazing and unbelievable cruise destinations around the globe. A trip to the tropics may be the first destination that comes to mind for many.
At the same time, cruise lines are continuously expanding itineraries to reach more exotic corners of the world and hidden gems for travelers. According to Cruise Lines International Association’s (CLIA) 2016 State of the Cruise Industry report, there are nearly 1,000 cruise ports and destinations around the world and that number continues to grow each year.
“From sunny beaches in Australia to bustling villages in Asia, cruise travel offers more diverse and unique destinations than ever before,” said Cindy D’Aoust, president and CEO, CLIA. “Traveling by cruise to beautiful and unique corners of the world has never been easier to reach and experience these amazing locales is unmatched.”
Unbelievable Cruise Destinations – River Cruises
River cruises are a wonderful way for cruise passengers to discover authentic cruise travel destinations along the world’s most famous rivers.
1) The Never-Ending Nile: History-loving travelers looking to sail 5,000 years of history along the world’s long river, the Nile can see the sights on Avalon Waterways’ Highlights of Egypt cruise from Cairo to Cairo. Guests on this river cruise can sail through and explore 5,000 years of history, This cruise sails down the infamous Nile while offering cruisers the chance to visit the Luxor Temple, the Temple of Isis and the Great Pyramids of Giza.
2) The Beauty of Bucharest: Cruisers can tour Romania’s capital city and soak in the history of the largest Parliament building in the world, the Palace of the Parliament aboard Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection’s Ultimate European Journey cruise. The cruise offers travelers the chance to sail from the North Sea to the Black Sea visiting bustling capital cities and quaint villages along the way.
3) The Joy of Christmas: Travelers looking to revel in the holiday spirit can visit Germany’s most famous Christmas market in Nuremberg. CroisiEurope’s Christmas Markets Cruise offers passengers the chance to celebrate the holidays along the Rhine River while visiting an array of Christmas markets in the European capital of Strasbourg, the “Christmas City” of Nuremberg, and Rudesheim which features the Christmas market of nations.
4) Let Them Eat Cake: Travelers sail along the famous Seine River and take in the storied history of Versailles, Montmarte, and more on Tauck’s Rendezvous on the Seine cruise. Guests can indulge in all the luxury and beauty France has to offer while voyaging along one of the world’s most famous rivers.
5) A Historic American Trip: American history buffs or travelers just looking to see historic sites can sail aboard American Cruise Lines’ Lewis and Clark Cruises. This paddlewheeler cruise follows Lewis and Clark’s trail along the Columbia and Snake Rivers in Washington and Oregon with excursions that include volcanic craters and Portland’s waterfront.
6) The Culture of Cambodia: Travelers searching for an unforgettable, exotic getaway need not look any further than AmaWaterways’ Vietnam, Cambodia & the Riches of the Mekong cruise. After exploring the sights, cruisers can dive into the rich Cambodian culture with regionally-inspired cuisine and spa treatments.
Unbelievable Cruise Destinations – Ocean Cruises
Ocean cruising opens up the vast distance of the world to travelers and gives them access to the globe.
1) A Japanese Journey: Cruisers can experience the aesthetic beauty and wonder of Japan’s most famous landmarks along Princess Cruises’ Highlights of Japan cruise. Passengers aboard the cruise have the opportunity to marvel at the 410 year old Nijo Castle in Kyoto, board the famous bullet train to Tokyo, and take a scenic drive along Mount Fiji.
2) Sailing The South Pole: World travelers hoping to hit every continent can journey to the Great White Desert aboard a cruise ship for an experience unlike any other. Ponant’s luxury yacht cruises offer passengers stunning views of Antarctica’s natural icy beauty as well as excursions to see penguin colonies and outings in Zodiac dinghies.
3) Exotic Africa: Travelers can bask in the urban beauty that Cape Town has to offer, from surfing along beautiful beaches to the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Oceania Cruises’ Marvels of Time cruise takes guests on the water from Dubai to Cape Town with scenic stops in Mumbai and the Maldives.
4) Perusing the Panama Canal: For a unique and historic view of the world, cruisers can sail along some of the world’s most famous waterways. Seabourn’s Panama Canal Odyssey cruise journeys along the Crossroads of the Americas with stops in Cabo San Lucas and Portobelo, Panama.
5) Beautiful Bora Bora: Looking to book a once-in-a-lifetime sun-filled journey? Paul Gauguin Cruises takes cruisers to the oceanic beauty and white sand beaches of Bora Bora to Paul Gauguin’s exclusive inlet Motu Mahana for the ultimate in luxurious rest and relaxation.
6) Every Corner of the Globe: Cruisers can circle the globe and see all corners of the globe aboard a ship. Crystal Cruises’ Grand Continental Odysseys cruise takes passengers around the world, literally. From Los Angeles to Monte Carlo, cruisers can take in the wonders of the world with a multitude of stops around the globe and excursions that include exploring tropical rainforests in Hawaii, shopping for native handcrafts in Samoa, exploring the beauty of St. Helena, and indulge in the artistic and architectural wonders of Barcelona.